Russian Museum will celebrate its birthday with concerts and quests
The Russian Museum has defined a program to celebrate its birthday. Petersburgers are invited to visit on the next Sunday, March 19. In honor of the 119th anniversary, the entrance to the Mikhailovsky Castle, Mikhailovsky, Marble and Stroganov Palaces will be free all day. Visitors are going to pass on special free tickets that will be issued at the box office of these museums. Chamber concerts start at noon in all palaces. Before the Petersburgers will perform musicians from the Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatory. Active users of mobile gadgets will be able to try their strength and knowledge in art history quests.
Those who want to better understand the past of the Russian Museum, learn about the former owners of magnificent buildings and take an excursion into the history of St. Petersburg and Russia, need to install the izi.TRAVEL mobile application. In honor of the holiday, Mikhailovsky Castle will exhibit unique exhibits. Historical documents will show the external transformation of the structure. Guests will see 13 engravings, each of which will give an idea of how the castle has changed over the years. Sheets from an old album with painted plans of the Mikhailovsky Castle will demonstrate the state of architectural thought of the late 19th century: these documents date from 1880.
Program of events
- 14: 00-15: 00 - concert of musicians of the Art Line Foundation for the Support of the Arts, Academic Hall No. 14.
East Pavilion of Mikhailovsky Castle
- 12: 00–13: 00 - children's opera tale "Senora Salcicci".
Multimedia Center of the Russian Museum
- 11: 00-14: 00 - a walking tour with a story about the history of the Russian Museum;
- 14: 30-17: 00 - walking tour with a story about the history of the Russian Museum;
- 17: 00–18: 00 - literary readings dedicated to the Russian Museum, Literary lounge;
- 18: 00–20: 00 - screening of films about the Russian Museum, Multimedia Cinema.